Wearing comfortable shoes are paramount to taking care of your feet. Bunions are a very common ailment for Singaporean ladies.
Real leather shoes are a must to prevent the formation of bunions as only real leather seasons and moulds to your feet shape over time, giving your toes more room.
PU shoes on the other hand, are rigid and rarely expands due to the artificial nature of the material and your toes are constantly squeezed with the pain exacerbated if there is a heel incline.
How do I take care of my calluses?
Corn and calluses are hard, thickened areas of skin on our feet due to friction or pressure on our feet. You may alleviate symptoms with the following tips:
1. Soak the corn/callus in warm water for 5 – 10 minutes
2. File the corn with a pumice stone dipped in warm water.
3. Be careful not to remove too much skin
4. Apply moisturizing cream to the area daily
5. Use specialized feet plasters to prevent your corn from making contact with your shoes
6. Keep your toenails trimmed to prevent toes from pushing up against your shoe.
7. Wear comfortable shoes that have soft & smooth lining to prevent friction.
The average Singaporean takes 5,674 steps a day. With that many steps, invest in a good pair of leather shoes that allows you to walk hours without pain.